CENLA FEDERAL CREDIT UNION
School Employee Benefits
CenLA Federal Credit Union is thrilled to offer a new benefit JUST FOR SCHOOL EMPLOYEES! CenLA FCU was founded in 1963 by a group of Rapides Parish School Board employees to meet the financial needs of educators. Although CenLA FCU has since expanded its membership to include anyone that lives, works or worships in our field of membership within the six Central Louisiana parishes, it’s time to return to our roots and offer a special benefit just for school employees.
As of January 3, 2022, school employees that are current CenLA FCU members OR school employees that join CenLA FCU and are currently working at an approved school within our six-parish field of service are eligible to receive a 1.00% APR INTEREST RATE REDUCTION on closed end loans.
School members who are employed and working for a school in one of CenLA FCU’s field of membership parishes (Rapides, Grant, Winn, LaSalle, Catahoula or Vernon parish).
CenLA FCU’s school employee benefit is inclusive of all employees of approved school boards, schools Pre-K-12 (public or private) or college/university.
What is Required?
- Proof of current school employment
- Personal Identification (Drivers License)
- $25 to open an Account (Savings Share)
1% APR interest rate discount on closed-end loans! What does that mean? YOU get an additional discount on loans such as auto, boat, camper, ATV/UTV, etc. just because you are a school employee!
- 1.00% APR interest rate reduction on “closed-end” loans only.
(Vehicles, Boat, Motor, Trailers, ATVs, Travel Trailers, and other Collateral loans)
- School employee must be the primary member receiving the loan from CenLA FCU.
- 1.00% APR interest rate reduction can be used for additional closed-end loans if primary member continues to be employed as a working school employee based upon the guidelines of this program.
- Refinance a collateral loan from a different financial institution and receive the 1.00% APR discount.