CENLA FEDERAL CREDIT UNION
A CenLA Federal Credit Union checking account, also commonly known in credit unions as a Share Draft Account, offers every convenience of a FREE account with all the perks of a bank checking account. There are no minimum balance requirements, no monthly service fees, and no per-check fees. Members may have access to funds anytime–either in person, by writing checks, at ATM machines, at point of purchase with a Visa ATM/Check Card, or by using the free bill payer service through Virtual Branch.
To join CenLA FCU – members must first begin with a Savings/Share Account. Checking Accounts can be opened in conjunction with Savings/Share Account.
CenLA FCU does NOT permit business accounts/transactions through personal accounts.
Checking Account Summary
CenLA Federal Credit Union Share Draft accounts offer a variety of benefits to members:
- FREE Visa® Check Card (ATM/Debit Card)
- FREE online banking through Virtual Branch
- Direct Deposit
- Payroll Deduction
- Your accumulated funds on deposit in the Credit Union are federally insured to at least $250,000 by the NCUA
- No monthly service fees
- No minimum balance required
- Unlimited check writing
- FREE online Bill Payment
- Free check images
- Checks with carbonless copies
- FREE electronic statements or by mail; If members prefer electronic statements over paper statement in the mail, please opt for this in Virtual Branch. Electronic statements are available if you are set up in Virtual Branch.
- Unlimited ATM usage at Cenla FCU ATMs and Dolphin Debit ATMs
- FREE account transfers
- FREE 24 hour telephone access with Smartline
- Print cleared check images that are available online through Virtual Branch
- FREE Notary Service
- FREE Checks for Senior (60+) and Students (16-23)
- Overdraft Protection available for only $2.00
- Courtesy Pay for qualifying members
- ATM locations
The following requirements apply to checking accounts:
- Minimum opening deposit of $5 (thereafter, no minimum balance requirement)
- The primary owner must be at least 16 years of age and the parent or guardian a joint owner
Fresh Start Checking
- Members qualify with a FICO score of 574-525.
- All regular share draft guidelines and policies apply
- Monthly service fee of $10 applies to Fresh Start Checking
- Fees on our most recent fee schedule apply
- Upon request after 90 days, member may qualify for Courtesy Pay
- Maximum Courtesy Pay limit may be 10% of monthly direct deposit amount or $500, whichever is less.
- Debit Card
- Optional Direct Deposit
- Member must remain in good standing